What to Expect when you visit
We care about you, not what you’re wearing. Not your past. Not your present. Not your money or lack of it. We’re a church full of imperfect people who are getting to know Jesus and serving others together. Regardless of your story, this is somewhere you can belong!
If you haven’t been here before, here’s what you can expect…
- Genuinely nice people. We love it when someone comes for the first time. We guarantee you’ll be greeted warmly, and not just by people assigned to greet newcomers. Our people will personally greet you and take time to get to know you.
- A casual atmosphere. We care about YOU, not what you’re wearing so feel free to come in jeans or whatever is comfortable. Our dress code is simple: wear something. Grab a free cup of coffee and sit wherever you like (nobody “owns” any seats here!). We won’t single you out publicly or ask you to say anything, and we do NOT expect you to contribute anything financially.
- A fun, safe environment for kids. Kids love it here, and we love kids here! They can remain in the worship service, and are often included in the sermon as well. At any time, you can take them to our kids room where they’ll be watched over by loving volunteers.
- Practical teaching. We love to connect the words of the Bible to every day life. Our goal is for every person to leave the service with something practical that they can use in their life.
- Contemporary music. We love music – the livelier the better. We use all of the modern instruments in our services, including electric guitar and drums. Don’t be surprised when some people raise their hands while singing, but don’t feel obligated to do so yourself. You are free to be YOU in our worship services and this means the freedom to dance, or to just sit still!
We take risks in faith and practice and stay fast, fluid and flexible in our approach to church. We’re crazy about broken people and we’ll get our hands messy to serve others. We’ve noticed that the Bible doesn’t include “coolness” among the fruit of the Spirit. Everybody belongs – every colour, every shape, every personality, and people with every kind of story imaginable. We trust the Bible completely even if we don’t fully understand it. We do everything for the name and fame of Jesus Christ!
If you have specific questions, email us at email@example.com. We hope to meet you soon!
Our Core Values
We go out of our way make everyone feel welcome and build relationships with people. This is a place where you will feel like you are part of a family.
We learn more about God through the teaching of the Bible and learn how to apply the principles taught in the Bible in our everyday lives.
We believe in the power of prayer and take special time to pray for every request that comes to us. If you would like to submit a prayer request, we will pray with you and for you.
We are a community of people who have encountered a life-changing God. Our mission is simple: to love God and to love others.